Kauai is a tropical island, so it’s no surprise that it experiences two distinct seasons: wet and dry. The rainy season runs from November to March, while the dry season runs from April to October.
During the rainy season, Kauai receives an average of 41 inches of rain. The wettest months are December and January, when the island can receive up to 10 inches of rain per month. However, it’s important to note that the rain in Kauai is typically short-lived. It’s not uncommon for the sun to come out after a brief shower.
The dry season in Kauai is much drier, with an average of 20 inches of rain per month. The driest months are June and July, when the island can receive as little as 1 inch of rain per month.
So, when is the best time to visit Kauai? It depends on what you’re looking for in a vacation. If you want to avoid the rain, the dry season is the best time to go. But the west side of the island where we are located doesn’t rain much at all throughout the year.
However, if you’re looking for a more affordable vacation, the rainy season can be a good option. Just be prepared for the possibility of rain.
Here are some other things to keep in mind when planning your trip to Kauai:
- The temperature on Kauai is relatively constant throughout the year, with average highs in the 80s and lows in the 60s.
- The humidity is also relatively high, so be prepared for muggy weather.
- The rainy season is a good time to go whale watching, as humpback whales migrate to Kauai’s waters between December and April.
No matter when you decide to visit Kauai, you’re sure to have a great time. The island is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, from lush rainforests to stunning beaches. There’s something for everyone on Kauai, so start planning your trip today!
Here are some additional tips for visiting Kauai during the rainy season:
- Pack a raincoat and umbrella.
- Be prepared for the possibility of flight cancellations.
- Book your accommodations and activities in advance.
- Be flexible with your plans.
- Don’t let the rain ruin your vacation! There are plenty of things to do on Kauai even when it’s raining.
Need more recommendations? Check out our post on 10 interesting things to do in Kauai when it rains.